This creamy roasted red pepper tahini sauce is perfect on top of pasta. Sweet, smoky, and creamy, this oil-free and gluten-free sauce is addicting. Charred red bell peppers steal the spotlight in this simple, 5-ingredient recipe! It is especially delicious in my spaghetti with eggplant meatballs, but it's a versatile sauce that could go on top of buddha bowls and salads as well!
Tahini makes the perfect nut-free and oil-free base for this creamy vegan roasted red pepper sauce. I love to infuse my recipes with my favorite Mediterranean flavors, and this pasta sauce lent the perfect opportunity to do so. It is important to use a smooth, rich, high quality tahini.
This red pepper tahini sauce is seasoned with garlic, lemon, and smoked paprika. This emphasizes the smoky flavors of the charred red bell peppers and makes the tahini sauce more tangy, aromatic, and flavorful.
- 2 red bell peppers*
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500F. Line or grease a baking sheet. Place the 2 red bell peppers on the baking sheet and bake for 30-35 mins, until skin begins to char.
- Once charred, remove from oven. Cover them with foil or parchment to let them steam as they cool.
- Once cooled, peel the skin off of the roasted peppers, and remove the core, seeds, and stem. Place roasted red peppers, tahini, lemon juice, milk, garlic, salt, and paprika in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth. You can add ¼-1/2 cup more water or milk to thin out the sauce.
- Serve over cooked pasta, such as these eggplant meatballs and spaghetti.
*You can alternatively just used 2 already-roasted bell peppers.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 409mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although zenandzaatar.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.