This ultimate savory kale salad is one that will change your view of kale salads forever! Filled with crunchy cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, roasted corn, and crispy spiced potatoes and chickpeas! It is topped with creamy avocado and a simple tahini dressing. Crispy potatoes in this salad are an absolute game changer- and make it totally filling enough to eat for dinner!
Hey there friends! It’s been a while, hasn’t it? This has been the longest break I’ve taken from the blog and I’m so excited to get back into it! What better way to come back than by sharing one of my favorite staple recipes- one that I eat on a regular basis for lunch or dinner, that I didn’t think of sharing before because it seemed too simple! But sometimes I forget that simple recipes can be the best, and this one is WAY too good not to have shared earlier!
I recently got back to the states after traveling around Europe for 6 weeks with my fiancé! It was the longest time I’ve ever been traveling and it was a life-changing experience; I saw and learned so much! I cannot wait to share reviews from the different vegan restaurants I visited as well as vegan guides for those looking to travel to the same cities! I ate so much delicious vegan food in Europe, but eating out almost every night for so long, it’s good to be back home in my kitchen with my weird vegan pantry ingredients and wide array of kitchen appliances! By the way, you can now check out and purchase my favorite tried and true kitchen appliances by clicking the handy “shop” link in my menu bar, or just click here!
Although it may seem hard to imagine, I was hardcore craving a big salad as soon as I returned from my trip. “Kale salad” doesn’t have the best connotations, and some non-vegans have the crazy idea that they are all we eat! But this is one that anyone would thoroughly enjoy- the bitter kale is softened and neutralized by the creamy, tangy tahini dressing. And all the toppings make it like a party in every bite! Nutritional yeast is the perfect finishing touch to add vegan cheesy goodness. The crunchy chickpeas and roasted corn add protein so you won’t feel like you’re missing any. 😉 But of course, this works as an amazing side salad too!
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 5-6 cups kale leaves
- 1 Persian cucumber
- 1 cup cooked or canned chickpeas
- ¾ cup roasted or cooked corn
- 2 cups diced potatoes (preferably Yukon gold)
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Nutritional yeast for topping
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 475F. Toss diced potatoes and cooked chickpeas in salt, pepper, and paprika. This works best if the chickpeas and potatoes are not completely dry so that the seasoning sticks. Place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 25 mins, shaking halfway through.
- Whisk all ingredients for tahini dressing in a small bowl.
- Dice avocado and cucumber, and cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Place washed kale leaves in a large serving bowl. Drizzle over some of the tahini dressing and toss the kale in it. The tahini is best incorporated into the kale if you massage it into the leaves. Repeat until kale leaves are evenly coated in dressing. Top with tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, corn, chickpeas, and potatoes. Lightly toss.
- Top with an extra drizzle of tahini dressing, and sprinkle some nutritional yeast. Enjoy!