This healthy vegan Nutella is surprisingly easy to make! This chocolate hazelnut spread is sweetened with dates, and there is an option to make it fully raw if you are interested. Once you start making your own chocolate hazelnut spread, you’ll never want to go back to buying it!
Watch me make this date-sweetened Nutella in the video below!Watch the full video right here on YouTube!
- Hazelnuts: roasted hazelnuts are pulsed until they form a smooth hazelnut butter, the base for this recipe.
- Dates: I love to use medjool dates, because they are soft and sweet. This is a healthy alternative to sugar and other sweeteners.
- Cocoa powder: Forms the chocolatey base of this chocolate hazelnut spread!
- Plant milk: Makes this vegan nutella extra smooth and creamy!
- Vanilla: Adds a rich depth of flavor.
Why you’ll love this date-sweetened Nutella:
- Super easy: Simply pulse all the ingredients in your food processor!
- Delicious: Who doesn’t love a chocolate hazelnut spread- and you can enjoy this one as a vegan!
- Versatile: Read on to find out just a few of the different ways you can use this chocolate hazelnut spread in recipes!
- Healthy-ish: Dates act as a natural sweetener in this recipe!
Ways to enjoy this date-sweetened Nutella:
- How about in my vegan Nutella cheesecake?! It’s so incredibly rich and delicious that you won’t believe it’s vegan. This recipe is an exclusive only available in my e-cookbook- download it here!
- Spread on toast on its own or top with fruits, such as strawberries and bananas.
- Thin it with a little bit of plant milk or water and use it as a dip for fruit slices or crackers.
- Straight out of the jar! It’s just that good.
I hope you love this vegan nutella as much as I do! I would love to see your recreations tagged on Instagram @zenandzaatar #zenandzaatar, and don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!
- Pulse roasted hazelnuts in a food processor until a very smooth butter forms, it should be almost a liquid.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor, and blend until very smooth. If you would like a thinner and smoother consistency, keep adding more almond milk 2 tbsp at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Enjoy on toast, with fruits, or straight out of the jar! Store in a mason jar and refrigerate for later use.
*To dry-roast raw hazelnuts on your own, bake them at 350F for 15 mins. They should be fragrant and toasted once done. Roll them in a clean towel to rub off the skin, which can add bitterness.
**This recipe makes a lot of Nutella, and can easily be halved. This Nutella can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for a couple of weeks. I prefer to make the full amount because it's easier to reach a smooth consistency in my larger food processor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 37Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although zenandzaatar.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.