Making your own homemade vegan nutella is surprisingly easy! I put a healthy twist on the classic chocolate hazelnut spread by using dates to sweeten it, but it is still just as creamy and delicious. I also included a raw vegan option to make this nutella if you are interested!
This healthy vegan nutella is enjoyable straight out of the jar, on your favorite toast, or with fruits! I love it with strawberries and bananas.
Watch me make this vegan nutella in the video below!
- 2 cups dry roasted hazelnuts (or raw hazelnuts soaked overnight)*
- 14 soaked and pitted medjool dates (about 1¼ cup)
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾-1 cup raw almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Pulse roasted hazelnuts in a food processor until a smooth butter forms.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor, and blend until very smooth. If you would like a thinner and smoother consistency, keep adding more almond milk 2 tbsp at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Enjoy on toast, with fruits, or straight out of the jar! Store in a mason jar and refrigerate for later use.