These lemon garlic green beans with crispy chickpea-fried onions are a perfect side dish for any meal! If you are not the biggest fan of green beans, try this recipe- it’s packed full of flavor and the crispy onions make all the difference. The green beans are simply roasted in the oven while you fry the onions, for a dish that’s ready in under half an hour!
Watch me show you how to make these roasted green beans in the video below!
These lemon garlic roasted green beans make an amazing side dish for a Thanksgiving or holiday dinner. The crispy chickpea-fried onions are addicting and are great toppings for a variety of dishes… think mac and cheese or brussels sprouts! The possibilites are endless. This dish is vegan and gluten-free, so it is ready to be enjoyed by everyone!
- 1 lb green beans
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt, +more to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
Chickpea Fried Onions
- 1 sweet or yellow onion, sliced into thin strands
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss green beans with olive oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Place seasoned green beans on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake the green beans for 20-25 minutes, until they just start to shrivel and brown slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare the crispy chickpea fried onions. Toss a thinly sliced onion in a small bowl with the chickpea flour and salt. Make sure the onion strands are coated in the mixture. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add chickpea-coated onions to the hot pan in a single layer.
- Fry the onions for about 10 mins total. You want the chickpea coating to be brown and crispy, and the onions to be softened. After a couple minutes, flip over a small portion of the onions to see if they have browned. If so, flip over all of the onions so they can get evenly browned on both sides.
- Remove green beans from the oven when done and toss with the juice of one lemon. Serve roasted garlic green beans topped with crispy onions. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 594mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although zenandzaatar.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.