This 5 ingredient vegan salted caramel sauce has a rich and creamy tahini base, is done in simply 5 minutes, and is not overwhelmingly sweet (unless you want it to be!)
Watch me show you how to make this tahini caramel sauce in the video below! (Starts at 3:57)
Watch on YouTube!
To kick off 2018, I am sharing a recipe that I have been brainstorming since I started this blog a year and a half ago. It brings together a Mediterranean ingredient that has become a staple in my plant-based diet, and the minimalism I love about Middle Eastern cuisine so much.
It is great drizzled over fruits, ice cream, or mixed into a drink like hot cocoa! The possibilities are endless.
Coconut sugar gives this salted caramel sauce a wonderful caramelized color and taste.
5 Ingredient Vegan Salted Caramel Sauce (Salted Tahini Caramel!)
A simple 5-minute, 5-ingredient vegan salted tahini caramel! Perfect on top of your favorite ice cream, fruits, or hot cocoa!
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp tahini
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or ¼ cup organic cane sugar)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp water
- ½ tsp vanilla (optional)
- Whisk together all ingredients except water in a small, heat-safe bowl. Taste and add more sugar if desired. Heat in the microwave in 30-second increments until sugar is dissolved, up to 1 minute. Alternatively, whisk in a small saucepan over medium high heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour the caramel into a serving container. Whisk if slightly separated.
- For a more syrupy, drippy consistency, once cool, whisk in water 1 tsp at a time until desired consistency is reached. Enjoy immediately! Can be stored refrigerated up to a week.
YUM! This caramel sauce sounds and looks amazing with the tahini! I have to try it soon ♥
Zena | Zena 'n Zaatar says
Thank you so much Natalie!! I am obsessed with using it on vegan ice cream and green apples ❤️😋