These light, mini, no-bake cookie butter cheesecake bites are the perfect alternative to decadent baked cheesecake in the hot summer months approaching. They are also so much easier to prepare, as all you need to do is bake a simple cookie crust for 5 minutes, blend the creamy filling, and freeze!
Speculoos/Biscoff cookies are one of my absolute favorite cookies. They offer a gingery, sweet, buttery complement to the tart, creamy cheesecake base! And the vegan cheesecake base has the perfect combination of tart and sweet flavors present in real cheesecakes.
Cheesecakes have always been one of my favorite desserts, as I usually prefer anything savory over dessert, unless it involves dark chocolate. ???? But a good cheesecake is always the perfect combination of sweet, savory, and tart, and these vegan cheesecake bites do a great job of replicating those rich flavors that I used to love!
Of course I replaced the traditional graham cracker base with a Biscoff cookie one! I definitely ended up eating way more Speculoos cookies than called for in the recipe while I was waiting for the cheesecakes to set in the freezer…
These vegan no-bake cookie butter cheesecake bites are amazing topped with coconut whipped cream, Biscoff cookie crumbles, and slices of your favorite fruit! Don’t forget to let me know if you try these below in the comments or pin the recipe for later. ????
- 1 cup crushed Biscoff or other Speculoos cookies (about 12 cookies)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1½ cup cashews (soaked overnight if you do not have a high speed blender or food processor)
- ¾ cup coconut cream (just the creamy part at the top of a chilled can of full fat coconut milk)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup agave
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup Biscoff or other Speculoos cookie butter spread
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12-tin muffin pan. If you wish to make the removal process easier, cut small strips of parchment paper slightly longer than the body of each muffin tin, so that the strips will hang over the sides to make it easier to pop the cheesecake bites out.
- Make sure Speculoos cookies are finely crushed and mix the crumbs with the melted coconut oil in a small bowl. Take about 1 - 2 tablespoons of the crumb mixture and press the crust down firmly in the bottom of each muffin tin. You can use the back of a spoon or small glass to do this. Bake for 5 minutes, until crust is firm.
- Put all ingredients for cheesecake filling, except for cookie butter spread, in a food processor or high speed blender. Reserving about ⅓ of the mixture for later, evenly distribute ⅔ of the cheesecake filling among the muffin tins.
- Add cookie butter spread to remaining ⅓ of cheesecake filling and combine in food processor or high speed blender. Add an equal amount of the cookie butter filling to the center of each muffin tin, and swirl with a knife or toothpick to achieve desired design. Top with extra cookie crumbs if desired.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours to set. Pop cheesecake bites out of the muffin tins and defrost for 10-15 minutes before eating for optimal creamy texture. Top with coconut whipped cream and fresh fruit slices if desired. Enjoy!